If you ask my dad what one of his favorite dips to eat is he would immediately say “my aunt’s black olive dip!” I don’t think this is a family recipe passed down from generation to generation, but it is a recipe that we have at almost all family gatherings.
Salty, oily, and briny, this dip has it all!
The combination of black olives, peppers, and tomatoes merry so well with the olive oil and garlic that it was just meant to be!
If you are looking for an easy recipe to whip together for that last minute gathering you were invited to or you need a fast appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner, this recipe can do both. It is so versatile and easy to throw together no matter how late Patty invites you to a party and asks you to bring food!
It can be eaten with a multitude of different shoveling devices (my nickname for chips/bread since you’ll you just want to shovel it in)! Tortilla chips, corn chips, crusty bread, pita chips, nut thins, you name it, it all tastes good with this dip on it!
Below is the recipe that my whole family loves, we hope you will enjoy it too!
- 3 4oz cans chopped black olives
- 1 4oz can diced jalapeños (more or less depending on preferred spiciness)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- Salt, Pepper, Oregano to taste
- Open and combine olives and jalapeños into a large bowl.
- Chop green onions and roma tomatoes and add to olive mixture.
- Next add oil, vinegar, garlic, and spices.
- Stir everything together and enjoy right away or let marinade overnight for an even tastier dip!
- Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, pita, crusty bread, or any other vessel you would like!
If you try this recipe, please comment below and let me know how you liked it!